Fanklub Deidre Knight

Piszesz? Malujesz? Projektujesz statki kosmiczne? Tutaj możesz się podzielić swoimi doświadczeniami.

Moderators: Olka, Hotaru, Hotori, Hypatia

RosDeidre
Gość

yes!

Post by RosDeidre » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:45 am

Now it's bookmarked. Anything else I should be sure to see right now? Is GRAVITY still being translated or is it done now? :)
D

Ela
Fan...atyk

Post by Ela » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi sweety ! :D
It’s so nice to see you here, I thought that you forgot about us. :wink: Congratulation for Parallel Series ! Wow, I see that you begin editing process and it’s going faster and faster, isn't it ? Each of us is very curious about this story, and we cannot wait it. GAW hasn’t been down, no way. I translate it still. Slowly, but with a great pleasure. :cheesy:
Look Deidre, how fine arts Nan is creating for it. viewtopic.php?t=1186&start=400. Despite of her dislike earlier, now she loves Marco (or Colin F., who knows :wink: ).
We spoke about your beautiful house and garden, and I can only imagine how it inspires you. Besides, summer is so exciting.
Kiss, Ela :cmok:

Deidre na swoim blogu http://deidreknight.blogspot.com/ , pozdrowiła także swoich przyjaciół z Polski, i poprosiła by odwiedzający ją tam, przedstawili się. Króciutko...mam na imię ...mieszkam tu i tu. Olka i ja już ją odwiedziłyśmy. Wszystkich którzy mają ochotę, autorka serdecznie zaprasza. :D

RosDeidre
Gość

Post by RosDeidre » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:14 am

I love those fanart pieces!!! Are you guys saying Cate Blanchett "as" Serena? Great choice, if so!

And forget my friends in Poland? Never! Real life gets busy sometimes, and I've been in a push to finish this first book (I send to the editor tomorrow!) but I'll always come back around. And hopefully I won't get lost again!!!

Oh, and big news--I should have cover art for PARALLEL ATTRACTION very very soon. Hee!
D

Olka
Redaktor

Post by Olka » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:15 am

I can't study anymore. It's about 4 am and I need few minutes break. I see my last post is missing :?
It's nice to know that we are so important to you Deidre. And know you are important for us too. As I said before I really like the title of The Parallel Series. Some time ago I was listenieng to this band called Kings of Convenience (they're from Norway). One of their most beautifull ballads is titled Parallel Lines. The first time I heard this song it was the same day you told us about the title of your books - quite fun coincidence, don't you think?

That's all for today. I'm getting back to study.

Hotori
Obserwator Słów

Post by Hotori » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:02 pm

Oluś - to faktycznie niesamowity zbieg okoliczności. :mrgreen:
A wiesz, że poszłam za twoją radą i zamówiłam ich płytki ? :P

Deidre- COVER ART ?! :mrgreen: Wow ! I can't wait ! I hope that Marco will be there :mrgreen:
And know you are important for us too
:tak:

P.S. Nadrabiam w czytaniu GAW i powiem wam jedno- Deidre to moja artystycznie pokrewna dusza. Ostatnio zauważyłam, że Marco przepada za moim ukochanym bardem z Jamajki :P edit-> czy nie powinnam jednak napisać do samej Deidre :wink:
'' It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend''

William Blake

Olka
Redaktor

Post by Olka » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:12 pm

Zamówiłaś? No to bardzo się cieszę! A dwie ostatnie, czy wszystkie trzy? Z tego, co wiem, to ta pierwsza nie była najlepsza. Ale za to "Riot on an empty street" to perełka, jakich mało.

Co do GAW ja też powoli zaczynam nadrabiać :D Byle do przodu!

RosDeidre
Gość

Very big news!

Post by RosDeidre » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:49 am

Hi, Friends!
I just wanted to stop in and share info on my upcoming book. I don't have cover art, not quite yet, but I do have the back cover copy that will go on the book.

If you follow this link, you can check it out!

http://deidreknight.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... allel.html

hugs, deidre

RosDeidre
Gość

Hotori's question

Post by RosDeidre » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:42 am

Hi!
Actually, the next book, PARALLEL HEAT will be more Marco's book. This one belongs to Jared and Kelsey, so Jared will be on the cover. :) Still, you guys are going to LOVE my hero! :) In a few more months I'll be posting an excerpt on my website. Deidre

Athaya
Zainteresowany

Post by Athaya » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Hey Deidre!

W zasadzie to nie wiem co powiedzieć :oops: Bradzo się cieszę, że udało ci się zrealizować zamiary z wydaniem książki i jest ona chwalona w twoim kraju. Mnie również bardzo się spodobałay wszystkie dotąd wydane części! GAW w szczególności ponieważ pokazałaś Tess w zupełnie innym świetle tutaj jest taka dobra i jeszcze Marco :cheesy: Uwielbiam to opowiadanie! Uwielbiam twoją twórczość :twisted:

Olka
Redaktor

Post by Olka » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:47 am

I've just read your back cover copy. Something tells me I know the story ;) These books are like a dream come true, you know. Every each of us love to read fan fiction but reading a book is even better. Like Ela once said, there is this magic when you can lay on your bed or sit down on your favourite armchair and actually touch and smell the book. You simply cannot compare computer screen with real sheets of paper full of plot and characters that you love already. And I think that is why we're going to love Jared and Kelsey even if we really good know Marco through the internet :)

The translation of Athaya's words: Actually I don't know what to say :oops: I'm very happy that you carry out your attempt to publish your book which receives good rewiews in your country. I really like all previous parts of your stories! Especially GAW where you showed Tess from the entirely new side, she was such a good person. And Marco! :cheesy: I love this story! I love your output!

RosDeidre
Gość

Big news!

Post by RosDeidre » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:17 pm

Don't know how to post it here, but I have my cover art!! Come by my blog at http://www.deidreknight.blogspot.com, and check it out! Maybe one of you really smart posters could bring it over here and post it?

{o}
o'Admin

Post by {o} » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:38 pm

התשׂכח אשׂה עולה מרחם בן בטנה גם אלה תשׂכחנה ואנכי לא אשׂכחך
הן על כפים חקתיך

comprendo.info - co autor miał na myśli - interpretacje piosenek

Olka
Redaktor

Post by Olka » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:21 pm

"Wyginam śmiało ciało..." Tak mi się jakoś przypomniał fragmencik z "Madagaskaru" ;)

Well, I suppose I expected a cover with a men on it. And I really like those shapes on his forearm :D So... now we have the title, the cover art and the back cover description. It seems like we wait for the book only. Don't forget to tell us when it's out Deidre!

Hugs, Olka

RosDeidre
Gość

Post by RosDeidre » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:55 am

Hi, Gang!
Some even BIGGER news! The book is now available (English edition) on Amazon. Not sure if any of you ever order from there, but here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

Ela
Fan...atyk

Post by Ela » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:32 pm

Thanks Deidre !
That's so exciting. Congratulations sweetie, it sounds awesome :uklon:
Your cover is gorgeus and I cannot wait to read the book!
Love, Ela

piter
Wieczna zrzęda

Post by piter » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:33 pm

[img]http://die_my_darling.w.interia.pl/Do_i_care.jpg[/img]
dzien dobry. jestem piter i wszystkich lubie.

RosDeidre
Gość

Post by RosDeidre » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:58 am

Thanks, Ela!! As for Piter's post--I don't think I get that one. :) Help me out? Am I missing a translation there? Hugs, D

piter
Wieczna zrzęda

Post by piter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:04 am

nah, don't mind me.. i just found that pic on the net and had to use it somewhere, somehow...

as for translation or rather explanation.. the room is empty, so it seems that no one cares about something (supposedly above the picture).

Hugs, P
dzien dobry. jestem piter i wszystkich lubie.

Ela
Fan...atyk

Post by Ela » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:16 am

Thank You, Deidre, for recommendation "TimeTraveler's Wife. :D This amazing fanart is created by Nan.

Przedstawiam Wam art autorstwa i wrażliwości Nan do „Miłości ponad czasem”- świetnie uchwycona metafora tej powieści.
Kobieta czekająca z dziwnym spokojem i pewnością, że ten, który ma nadejść, przyjdzie. Oparta na pudełku w którym trzyma swój stary pamiętnik z listą dat znaczących pojawienie się Henry’ego, jakby czekała by wpisać kolejną dla swej córki Alby. Po lewej stronie wspomnienia z dawnych lat, jesienne liście odnoszące się do upływającego czasu i symbol zegara, tak zawsze obecny w jej życiu.
I jakże znamienne dla tej historii fragmenty poezji Byatt i Rilke:.

Przeczytajmy je w naszym przekładzie:

W czterdziestym trzecim roku dobiegł kresu
Krótki czas tego, kto przez liczne szpary
W gładkim naskórku rzeczy Nieskończoność
Dostrzegał często - i od tego umarł

A.S. Byatt, „Opętanie”
Przekład Barbara Kopeć-Umiastowskiej

Szła, musiał jednak długi czas przeminąć,
aż nieprzebytą drogę swą pokona;
aż z chwilą przejścia bodaj odmieniona
Nie chodzić ma już, lecz na skrzydłach płynąć

Rainer Maria Rilke, “Ślepnąca”
Przekład Adam Pomorski
Last edited by Ela on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lizziett
Fan

Post by Lizziett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:48 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Z niejednego pieca chleb jadałam :wink: , w różnych miejscach bywałam, sporo czasu spędziłam buszując po różnych live journalach i galeriach w poszukiwaniu fanartów/szkiców/grafik, ale TO
przerosło moje najśmielsze oczekiwania.
Nan jesteś poprostu artystką przez duże A. Nie chodzi tylko o perfekcyjne wykonanie, ale w tych pracach odbija się dusza...a to wcale nie jest takie częste.
Gratuluje talentów (wszechstronnych) i przy okazji dziękuję za kartkę :) - szła w zastraszającym tempie, ale najważniejsze że doszła 8)
buziaki
"I know who you are. I can see you. You're swearing now that someday you'll destroy me. Far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Go look for them now." (Atia)

""You...have...a rotten soul" (Cleopatra)